6.16.2012

The good and the bad


You are holy God. Here I am, all of me.


I can't see the computer screen very well right now; my eyes are blurry. I think I need to open new contacts.

I hate when this happens, it's weird. Weird like your foot waking up from being asleep. You know how it's supposed to work and feel, but it's not acting right.

I don't think your heart works that way. It's much more unpredictable. You can pretend that the way it's "supposed to work" is when it's happy/content, beloved, and giving love. In contrast, when it hurts would be when it's not working right... not acting right.

But that's silly. And impossible. As much as I hate it, being human means feeling all of it, the good and the bad - and never knowing which is around the corner.

I mean, of course there's the "wall around your heart" option.

There's also the "live in a cave" option.

And let's not forget the "just don't ever interact with people" lifestyle.

That's not what God wants though. He said to love, and live, and sacrifice, and give.

Okay, I'm done with that heart rant. Someone posted this prayer on Facebook right now - don't you love it?

‎"Watch, Dear Lord, with those who wake, or watch or weep tonight, and give Your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ. Rest Your weary ones. Bless Your dying ones. Soothe Your suffering ones. Pity Your afflicted ones. Shield Your joyous ones. And all for Your love's sake. Amen" - St. Augustine


Also, I have no idea what the password for my voicemail is.... and I have a voicemail I should have listened to days ago. I hope it's not important.... So obviously my life is in shambles. :) haha




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment