5.14.2012

Needles in my Face



So today I had five needles in my face and two in my hands.

Yeah, I didn't see it coming either. I had another check up today at my doctor's. I went to bed with a headache last night and woke up with it as well. So as I'm sitting in the patient room the student doctor returned at one point and said, "We don't want you to be in pain while you're here so let's throw some needles in you."

Um, what? Throw needles in me? Call me crazy but that sounds like more pain to me, not less.

But she meant acupuncture, which I was still scared of. It wasn't bad at all though! And it helped! I can't get over the fact that I had seven needles in me voluntarily.

As I was lying there, so relaxed, I didn't want to leave. I know this sounds a bit psychotic, but I love being at my doctor's. I realized it's because in all the things I do, and all the people I encountered, they're different. All they (the students at SCNM and my doctor) want is to take care of me.

I don't have to worry about disappointing them . . .

Or doing things wrong, or right . . . They don't expect things from me . . .

It's like I walk in the doctor's room and I get to be the trusting child while my doting parents say, "We're going to fix it all."

Would you want to leave when it feels like that?Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment