5.15.2012

What is Faith?

"Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods." - C.S. Lewis
Today I woke up at 9:15. I'm expected to be at work at 9, and I usually go to 8:30 Mass - so clearly my whole morning schedule was shot. At least I was super refreshed after sleeping in an extra 2 hours. 


You know that moment when you wake up so happy, content, and peaceful . . . I love that. And then you remember something that's heavy on your heart, or that you're already late for work . . . and that's the last second of sheer bliss you get until you wake up the next day. 


So that was a tangent that didn't really have a point.


Isn't that quote pretty awesome? I think C.S. Lewis was talking about women. I believe that quote defines really well what mature faith is - to continue to believe what is true when your emotions don't confirm it, or when they rebel against it. It's saying, "Okay God, I choose to trust you" when everything appears to be shot to hell.

Or when the chocolate is gone.Pin It

1 comment:

  1. love this....hahha reminds me of my status the other day where I just needed chocolate to make it all better. =)

    ReplyDelete